Sunday, July 22, 2012

Chocolate Cherry Coke Cake

Oh yeah, you heard me right, a Cherry Coke cake! I have heard of Coca-Cola Cake and have always wanted to try that, but I jumped right on it when I read a Cherry Coke Cake. Something about the cola makes it so moist and you can even taste it in this scrumptious dessert, it is absolutely the best cake I have ever ate. I am not joking about this at all, but you will want to have a Cherry Coke to go along with this, for some reason you just crave it after you take that bite. I hope you really enjoy this recipe, I   know I did and probably wont stop talking about it for days. ha ha



What you will need:

Box of Betty Crocker Chocolate Devil's Food Cake Mix
1 cup of Cherry Coke
1 10 oz or larger jar of Marichinos Cherries
Reserve 1/4 cup of the cherry juice
3 eggs
1/2 Cup of Vegetable or Canola Oil

Frosting:

1 Cup of Marshmallow Creme
Jar of White Frosting



Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.

Chop up your Cherries about 25 (remove stems), save some cherries to place on top of your cake when finished, it gives it that much better of an experience if you leave a cherry on top ;).
In a bowl add your Cake mix, eggs, oil, cherry juice that you reserved, and your 1 cup of Cherry Coke.  Mix together for 30 seconds.


In a 13x9 pan grease it and flour it so your cake don't stick. I have a Wilton non stick pan so you can omit that if you have a non stick pan as well.
Pour the batter in the pan and place in oven for 35 minutes, or until center is done. Do a knife check by  poking it in the middle and if the knife comes out clean your cake is done!

Let your cake cool for probably about an hour. Once the cake is cooled you can start making your frosting. In a bowl mix together your Marshmallow Creme and your Cake Frosting together. Pour over cake and smooth out.





Nice and neatly pop the cherries on top. I would suggest covering the cake and placing in the fridge for about an hour, I love the way it tasted chilled and the frosting was perfect. But if you simply just cant resist dig in ya'll! This cake really topped it off for me, and I hope so for you too!


Enjoy!
Check out that cherry effect mmm...!
Sorry, I had to do a vintage effect!


2 comments:

  1. That looks so good Claire. Gonna half to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have gotta try it, it was so yummy it is totally my favorite cake ever :)

    ReplyDelete