Friday, July 13, 2012

Crock Pot Banana Bread

Yes you heard it right! A banana bread in the crockpot! I couldn't believe it myself that you could bake in these things, so I put mine to the test to see how this turns out and WOW! It was so much better than my oven version, it comes out real moist and packs a lot of flavor. This is definatly a must try for you avid crock potters!


What you will need:

3 Ripe Bananas
3 eggs
1 cup of sugar
2 cup of flour
1 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 cup of margarine or butter
Walnuts (optional)


In a bowl combine your eggs, sugar, and butter/margarine.

After mixed well add your 1 Cup of flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.

Add your other 1 cup of flour and mix well. It will be a thicker and that is the way you want it!


Time for the good stuff! Mash them naners! haha that's what my grandma use to call them. :)

I don't have a masher so a good ole' fashion drinking glass will do the job!

As soon as you have a nice mash a little chunky but smooth go ahead and pour your bananas into your batter.




 At this time you can add any nut, fruit, candy, whatever it is you like in your banana bread, do so now. I left mine plain today, even though I do like a good walnut in my bread. :)

I buttered and dusted my crock pot with flour so my bread wont stick to the ceramic. Close your lid and place your temperature on low setting and let it cook for 4 hours. 

4 hours later you have a nice golden shiny bread that has your house smelling like heaven! 

The easiest way to get this thing out is to take a spatula and slide it all the way down to the bottom and on the other use another spatula or another type of utensil to hold underneath it so it doesn't break in half! 


Enjoy!

2 comments: