Sunday, June 3, 2012

Cilantro Lime Rice

This is a very light rice that is perfect for those summer days. You can use it for those days on the grill and even Mexican food. I'm not too much of a fish person but I think it would go perfect for seafood, definitely shrimp that's my favorite. In this recipe I used real rice not the instant rice. I used to be terrified to make the real deal because I've messed it up so many times. I've been practicing lately and I wont go back to the instant, it makes a difference for sure.

Here is what you will need: (this is for 4 servings)

1 Cup of white long stemmed rice
2 Cups of water
1 tbsp of butter
1 whole Lime
About a handful and then some of Cilantro.
1 tbsp of salt


Add your rice, salt, and butter to the water. Heat the pan to Med. High stir and wait for your rice to start boiling. As soon as your rice boils tightly place a lid on the pot (do not remove) immediatly set your burner to low to simmer for 15 minutes.



Chop up your Cilantro and half your lime.

Check on your rice after 15 minutes. (Do not remove your lid yet) If your rice has appeared and soaked up all the water, like the photo below, take off the burner and let sit for 5 minutes.


After 5 minutes are up you can remove your lid. Your rice should look just like this.

If you have a juicer this would make it easier. So I'll do it the old fashion squeezin' ha ha.

Stir your rice to get the lime juice mixed in well, then go ahead and put your cilantro in your rice, stir it around.

There ya have it! A nice light summery side.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment