Friday, June 1, 2012

Easy Cheesy Potatoes

I am originally from South Carolina and I have never heard of Cheesy Potatoes before until I moved here to Michigan. I've noticed its a big staple at most family gatherings here, so I asked for the recipe to this and I would get all these steps that I thought took too long to make. So here is my simple version, and I promise once you make this be prepared to make tons more. I get asked all the time at family gatherings to make my Cheesy Potatoes.

This is what you will need:

2 LB bag of Southern Style Hashbrowns (cubed)
2 8 oz tubs of Onion and Chives Cream Cheese
2 Cans of Cream of Mushroom Soup. (you can also use cream of celery, they both taste good)
1 bag of Shredded Cheddar Cheese


Preheat your over at 350 degrees.
 Pour the Cream of Mushroom and scoop out the Chive and Onion cream cheese into a large bowl.

Mix the Cream Cheese and Cream of Mushroom together then place the bowl into the microwave for 3 minutes.



After the mixture has heated enough in the Microwave stir until its completely combined together. You then pour the frozen hashbrowns in another bowl. 


Pour the mixture onto the frozen hashbrowns.

 Combine the mixture with the frozen hashbrowns make sure everything is mixed evenly. Pour a handful of shredded cheddar cheese into the potatoes mix it together.


Pour the Cheesy Potatoes into a 9 x 13 in baking pan. With the rest of the shredded cheddar cheese in the bag go ahead and spread that evenly on top of the potatoes.


Place the Cheesy Potatoes into the preheated 350 degree oven. Bake for 45 minutes until cheese is melted and you can hear the creamy goodness underneath bubbling.


Trust me you will be a hit if you make this. When I make this for supper my boyfriend will eat it for snack and even breakfast ha ha. I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment