Friday, June 8, 2012

Homemade Chicken Stock

This is fairly simple, I didnt have the normal ingredients like carrots and celery around so I improvised. I have to say I love it better than the original recipes.

All you need is:

1 Chicken Carcass
1/2 White Onion
Green Onions Chopped
Garlic Cloves
Salt and Pepper

Heat up a large pot or stock pot at Med. high temp.


Drop your carcass in the pot along with your onions, garlic, and salt and pepper (to your taste) I used about a tbsp of salt and a tbsp or pepper.



Add your water last, let your water boil, then turn down to med. temp. cover and simmer for an hour and half. After that hour and half reduce your simmer to low for 2 hours.



Take a strainer and place over a bowl to catch your stock, place a paper towel in the strainer so none of the bones, onions, and garlic seep threw. You can use a think cloth like cheese cloth as well to strain.




Pour your pot into the strainer over the paper towel and let the juices flow through. When its done you should have a nice smooth clean broth. You can use right away or store in the refrigerator for later use. This stuff is so yummy I love making soups out of it and my chicken pot pie.






Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment