Sunday, June 3, 2012

Mushroom Chicken

I love this chicken recipe! Especially since this is a breast and I am anti white meat. Its way too dry for my liking. I like to call all white meat Choke Chicken, yeah I know its weird but I seriously feel like I am going to choke swallowing the stuff. Anyways, I figured out a way to make a dark meat lover LOVE white meat. The special ingredient is...butter! Yes I know I make a lot of my foods with it, but it tastes so darn good. The star ingredient mushrooms, gives off a very earthy taste mixed with the onions and garlic. Its just pure and simple divine.

This is what you will need:

3 large boneless skinless chicken breast
Flour
Garlic clove
White Onion
4 large white button mushrooms


First chop up your mushrooms, about 2 tbsp of onions, and mince one garlic clove.


Take a stick of butter (or margarine) and melt at Med. temp in the frying pan.

After butter has melted add your garlic and onions.



Make a plate for your flour. I put a tbsp of Garlic powder in my flour for my taste, you can add salt, pepper, or leave it plain flour.

Now take your chicken and cut in half horizontally ( your preference on how you would like to cut your chicken)


Take your chicken and dip in the flour. This will give you a nice creamy sauce and give a little crisp to the chicken 


 Place your chicken into the pan cover with a lid for 10 minutes. 

After 10 minutes flip the chicken over and place mushrooms into the pan, try and get some of them into the butter sauce in the pan. Cover with a lid for another 10 minutes. 



Go ahead check to see if your chicken is done (VERY important step you dont want any chicken raw)

Once its done, plate it and cover with your mushroom sauce. This chicken is so tender and full of flavor you're going to want to go back for seconds 



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment